INCLUDED IN RATES
• Unlimited kilometres
• Crockery and Cutlery
• 15% GST (Goods and Services Tax)
• Linen & Bedding
• Mighty vehicle liability (Liability applies - see the “for your protection" section for more information)
• Customer Care 24 hour 7 days per week road-service helpline (toll free)
• All branches have local tourist information and maps available
THE INCLUSIVE PACK:
Highball and Double Down - NZ$45 per day (max charge NZ$2,250)
Deuce, Deuce Plus, Big Six and Double Up - NZ$58 per day (max charge NZ$2,900)
The Inclusive pack is in addition to the daily rental rate.
In addition to the inclusions in the daily rental rate, The Inclusive includes:
• Liability Reduction Option (NIL liability)
• Single vehicle rollover cover
• WiFi, including 1GB of data
• Extra Driver Fees
• Linen exchange
• Picnic Table
• Picnic Chairs (1 per person travelling)
• Baby / Booster seat – on request (cannot be fitted in some vehicle categories)
• Snow chains if required
• Protable fan heater if required
If the Liability Reduction Option or the Mighty Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is NZ$3,500 Highball, Double Down or NZ$5,000 for all other campervans and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
The customer must provide a valid credit card or debit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customer’s credit card or debit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 3.1% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the credit card used is either a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, or 4.6% when the credit card used is American Express. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the credit card administration fee, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa or MasterCard credit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. Mighty recommend that customers use a Visa or MasterCard credit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express is not refundable.
Only Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card, or American Express credit card are acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit.
• Minimum rental period is 5 days.
• All campervan rentals where travel dates include 20 December to the 10 January are subject to a 10 day minimum rental requirement.
• Minimum rental period is 10 days when a vehicle is being collected from the North Island and is being returned to the South Island if the rental commences between the 1st of October and the 31st of March.
• Minimum rental period is 7 days where travel dates include 27 May to 19 December 2019 from CHC to ZQN.
• Minimum rental period is 7 days where travel dates include 27 May to 30 September 2019 from AKL to ZQN.
• Minimum rental period is 7 days where travel dates include 11 January to 31 March 2020 from CHC to ZQN.
• Minimum rental periods are subject to change.
• Rental days are calculated on a calendar day basis. When calculating the number of days a vehicle is rented, the day of pick-up is counted as day one of the rental, regardless of pick-up time. The day of the vehicle’s return is counted as the final day of the rental.
• Late pick-up or early return of vehicle, does not entitle the hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental. No refund will be made if the length of hire is shortened or for unused days.
• Mighty Pick Up is a self-service process and requires the Customer to have completed Self Check-In online or in the branch. If additional service is required from a Mighty staff member, a fee of NZ$50 may apply.
• If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Mighty (call 0800 422 267). The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged will not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of NZ$150 in addition to the daily rate.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental they can be combined to qualify for longer-term hire discounts off the vehicle rate. Details are on application.
Mighty branches are open daily from 0800 to 1630 hours, 7 days a week with the exception of Christmas Day (25 December) when all branches are closed.
Mighty requests that clients collecting or returning their vehicle to be in the office by 1600 hours.
ROAD USER CHARGE RECOVERY FEE (RUCRF)
The Road User Charge Recovery Fee will be calculated and collected on return of the vehicle based on the kilometres travelled during the hire.
The vehicle rates per 100km are as follows:
Highball, Deuce, Double Down & Deuce Plus: NZ$7.24
Double Up & Big Six: NZ$7.64
Mighty reserves the right to amend the Road User Charge Recovery Fee in response to changes in Government Road User Charges.
QUEENSTOWN LOCATION FEE
Vehicle collections and returns in Queenstown incur a NZ$95 location fee (same city collection and return, one fee applies). This is in addition to the one-way fee if applicable.
PUBLIC HOLIDAY SURCHARGE
A NZ$100 surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on National public holidays:
28 October 2019, 26 December 2019, 1 January 2020, 2 January 2020, 6 February 2020, 10 April 2020, 13 April 2020, 25 April 2020, 1 June 2020, 26 October 2020, 26 December 2020, 1 January 2021, 2 January 2021, 6 February 2021.
Campervans can only be driven on sealed/bitumen or well-maintained roads.
No vehicle shall be driven on Skippers Road (Queenstown), the Crown Range Road (Queenstown), Ball Hut Road (Mt. Cook), Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), North of Colville Township (Coromandel Peninsula) and All ski field access roads (from 1 June and 31 October).
Mighty reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection.
Should a foreign licence be in a language other then English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the driver’s licence was issued. An accredited
English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over. If the rented vehicle is a Highball, Double Down or Jackpot; drivers must be 18 years of age or over.
Mighty provides free airport to branch and branch to airport transfer on day of arrival and departure for our Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown Branches.
TOLL AND TRAFFIC NOTICES AND ADMINISTRATION FEES
Mighty reserves the right to charge the hirer for any speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines. In addition to the costs associated per fine, an administration fee of NZ$60 may be applicable.
CHANGE OF DROP-OFF LOCATION
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorisation from the Reservations.
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to NZ$750 may apply.
CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, Mighty reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Vehicles cannot be requested by make or model, only by vehicle category.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Mighty reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
CUSTOMER CARE ON-ROAD ASSISTANCE
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Mighty as soon as
possible and within 24 hours in order to give Mighty the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental.
Failure to do so will compromise any claims for compensation. Mighty do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
Please contact us on free phone: 0800 788 558 or landline 0064 9 255 4471
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted cards are Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card and American Express credit card. A non-refundable 3.1% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions or 4.6% for American Express. Credit card administration fees also apply to the Liability Deposit and only the customer’s credit or debit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit and the Credit Card Authority. The credit card administration fee is subject to change.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORITY
The customer authorises Mighty to retain the details of their credit or debit card and to take any action to recover from the credit or debit card the amounts due by the customer pursuant to the Mighty Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. These charges including, but not limited to, vehicle cleaning (this includes toilet and waste water tank emptying), speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines, on road assistance, delivery and return of vehicle, late drop off fees, failure to return the vehicle with full diesel or petrol tanks or full LPG bottle (pre-paid fuel and pre-paid gas is included in the Express Return Pack), rental extensions or Exclusions. For security purposes, only the customer’s Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or debit card or American Express credit card can be used for the Credit Card Authority.
EXCHANGE RATE / CURRENCY VARIATIONS
All credit and debit card transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. If a refund is due, Mighty will credit the amount due in full to the Customer's credit or debit card. Mighty does not accept any liability for credit or debit card fees or bank-imposed fees relating to currency conversion or foreign transactions, which may appear as a variation between the total debited and the total refunded.
Mighty will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur Mighty will charge for the shortfall.
All amendments to bookings are subject to availability of vehicle and/or package. Different rates may apply based on the amendment made.
Amendments prior to the vehicle collection date will be re-calculated at the flex rate applicable on the date of amendment. This applies to changing the hirer name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing pick-up dates and/or changing the pick-up or drop-off location. Where the number of rental days is being extended prior to the vehicle collection date (days are being added on at the end of the rental with no change to the original pick up date), the original flex rate, which applied at the time of the original booking, will apply.
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Mighty or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.
These rates and terms do not apply to convoy bookings (any rental that consists of five or more vehicles travelling together).